Best Garmin Watches – UK
PLUS, we checked which ones are available in the UK as at the time of writing (October 2023).
From the best review sites – we’ve taken their top recommendations in each category AND we looked at the Amazon reviews and added them in too!!
(Told you it was awesome!)
So have a few hours of your life back on us – and read on!
Spoiler alert – these are the winners from the reviews…
|Category||Winning Garmin Watch||Recommended by||Read More||See on Amazon UK|
|Overall Winner for Men||Garmin Forerunner 265||Tom’s Guide, TechRadar||Read More||view @ John Lewis|
|Overall Winner for Runners||Garmin Forerunner 965||Tom’s Guide, ZDNET||Read More||View on Amazon|
|Overall Winner in “Budget” Options||Garmin Forerunner 55||Tom’s Guide, Advnture, TechRadar||Read More||View on Amazon|
|Overall Winner for Women||Garmin Lily||Tom’s Guide||Read More||View on Amazon|
On comparison, only the Forerunner 55 shows up as an Amazon winner too, with almost 4000 reviews! There are however a number of Garmin Watches on Amazon that have NOT been reviewed by the top sites but have some great feedback, so might be worth a look before you make your choice.
Amazon Best of
|Product Name AMAZON UK LIST||Price||Rating|
|Garmin Instinct Solar||£208.00 (view on Amazon)||4.6 out of 5 stars (33,419 reviews)|
|Garmin Forerunner 255 GPS Running Smartwatch – Read More…||£235.00 (view on amazon)||4.4 out of 5 stars (86 reviews)|
|Garmin Forerunner 245 GPS Running Smartwatch – Read More…||£212.00 (view on amazon)||4.7 out of 5 stars (8,182 reviews)|
|Garmin Forerunner 745 GPS Running and Triathlon Smartwatch|
– Read More…
|£295.99 (view on Amazon)||4.4 out of 5 stars (200 reviews)|
|Garmin Forerunner 55 GPS Running Smartwatch – Read More…||£139.00 (View on Amazon)||4.6 out of 5 stars (3,909 reviews)|
|Garmin Enduro, Ultraperformance Multisport GPS Watch with Solar Charging Capabilities – Read More…||£500.23 (view on amazon)||4.6 out of 5 stars (143 reviews)|
|Garmin Forerunner 965 Running Smartwatch – Read More…||£560.30 (View on Amazon)||4.0 out of 5 stars (4 reviews)|
When choosing a Garmin watch, there are several factors to consider. The first is the type of activity you’ll be using it for. Some watches are better suited for running, while others are designed for general sports or everyday wear. You’ll also want to consider the features you need, such as heart rate monitoring, GPS, and smart notifications.
Summary Highlights From the Top 6 Garmin Watch Reviews:
|Product||Summary Comments from META analysis||Article Name|
|Garmin Epix Pro||Top pick due to accurate GPS, extensive features, and multi-day battery life. Designed for endurance sports enthusiasts, offering topographical maps, turn-by-turn navigation, and extensive training metrics. (see on Amazon)||Business Insider, The Verge (see reviews)|
|Garmin Forerunner 265/265S||Favorite for runners, striking a balance between price, feature set, battery life, and display quality. view 265 @ John Lewis, view the 265S @ John Lewis||The Verge|
|Garmin Forerunner 745||Ideal for runners, providing adaptive training recommendations and insights.|
(View on Amazon)
|Business Insider (see reviews)|
|Garmin Forerunner 965||Bright AMOLED display, long battery life, lighter and thinner than its predecessor. Ideal for triathletes. (View on Amazon)||T3|
|Garmin Venu 3||Blend of Garmin’s health and fitness tracking capabilities with a premium smartwatch experience. (View on Amazon)||Business Insider|
|Garmin Venu Sq 2||Excellent alternative for those looking to replace their Fitbit devices, offering a similar aesthetic with more features. (View on Amazon)||The Verge|
|Garmin Venu 2 Plus||Garmin’s most capable smartwatch, offering voice capabilities and supporting FDA-cleared EKG readings for AFib detection. (View on Amazon)||The Verge|
|Garmin Forerunner 55||Affordable option with improved battery life and various fitness tracking features. Great value for beginners. (View on Amazon)||T3|
|Garmin Fenix 7||Versatile watch available in various sizes, offering touch controls, long battery life, and premium materials. (View on Amazon)||T3|
|Garmin Enduro 2||Ultimate outdoor watch with insane battery life, TOPO maps, fast processor, and multi-band GNSS system. Best overall for outdoor enthusiasts. (View on Amazon)||T3|
Jump to a section by clicking the title below or use the table to the right to look for a specific model.
Best For Men:
|Best Garmin Watch||Recommended by||Key Features & Notes from the Meta Analysis|
|Garmin Forerunner 265||Tom’s Guide||Best overall Garmin for most people, including for running. (View @ John Lewis)|
|Garmin Epix Pro||Business Insider||Accurate GPS, extensive features, multi-day battery life. (View on Amazon)|
|Garmin Venu 2||TechRadar||Suitable for everyday wear and various fitness activities. (View on Amazon)|
|Garmin Epix Pro||ZDNET||Extensive features, long battery life, high-end materials, AMOLED display. (View on Amazon)|
Best For Women:
|Best Garmin Watch||Recommended by||Key Features & Notes|
|Garmin Lily||Tom’s Guide||Designed specifically for women, features like menstrual and pregnancy tracking. (view on Amazon)|
|Garmin Venu Sq GPS Smartwatch||LinziBee||I’ve added this rather stylish number to this list as it’s much less chunky than the other options and still has some awsome features (View on Amazon)|
|Garmin Forerunner 245 Music GPS Running Smartwatch||LinziBee||This is another of my choices, not “girly” but I rather like it as a less bulky sports watch. (View on Amazon)|
Best For Running:
|Best Garmin Watch||Recommended by||Key Features & Notes|
|Garmin Forerunner 265||Tom’s Guide||Best overall Garmin for most people. – view @ John Lewis|
|Garmin Forerunner 745||Business Insider||Adaptive training recommendations and insights. View on Amazon|
|Garmin Forerunner 265 Solar||TechRadar||Advanced metrics and features for runners. (View on Amazon)|
|Garmin Forerunner 965||ZDNET||Best for marathon runners and triathletes. (View on Amazon)|
Best For General Sport:
|Best Garmin Watch||Recommended by||Key Features & Notes|
|Garmin Forerunner 965||Tom’s Guide||Best for triathletes, advanced training features.(View on Amazon)|
|Garmin Forerunner 945||Business Insider||Feedback options to improve training output and accurate GPS. (View on Amazon)|
|Garmin Instinct 2||TechRadar||Praised for its durability and features. (View on Amazon)|
|Garmin Instinct 2X Solar||ZDNET||Suitable for various sports activities. (View on Amazon)|
Best For Everyday Wear:
|Best Garmin Watch||Recommended by||Key Features & Notes|
|Garmin Venu 2 Plus||Tom’s Guide||Stylish smartwatch suitable for everyday wear. (View on Amazon)|
|Garmin Venu 3||Business Insider||Blend of Garmin’s health and fitness tracking capabilities with a premium smartwatch experience.(View on Amazon)|
|Garmin Venu 2||TechRadar||Versatile watch suitable for everyday wear.(View on Amazon)|
|Garmin Venu 3S||ZDNET||Offers a mix of basic and advanced health and fitness features.(View on Amazon)|
Best Budget Options (Under £500):
|Best Garmin Watch||Recommended by||Key Features & Notes|
|Garmin Forerunner 55||Tom’s Guide & Advnture||Affordable option for beginners./ Great value for its price, suitable for beginners and intermediate runners. (View on Amazon) Currently this is “Amazons choice”|
|Garmin Vivoactive 5||ZDNET||Affordable with essential features. (View on Amazon)|
If you’re a fitness enthusiast or just looking for a watch that can keep up with your active lifestyle, Garmin has got you covered. With a wide range of options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one for you.
|Best Garmin Watch||Recommended by||Key Features & Notes|
|Garmin Forerunner 265||Tom’s Guide||Best overall Garmin for most people, including for running. (view on Amazon)|
|Garmin Epix Pro||Business Insider||Accurate GPS, extensive features, multi-day battery life. (view on Amazon)|
|Garmin Venu 2||TechRadar||Suitable for everyday wear and various fitness activities. (View on Amazon)|
|Garmin Epix Pro||ZDNET||Extensive features, long battery life, high-end materials, AMOLED display. (view on Amazon)|
Garmin Forerunner 965
Meta Review of the 965
The Garmin Forerunner 965 stands out as a premier multi-sport watch, highly regarded amongst fitness enthusiasts, athletes, and tech aficionados. Multiple reputable sources have reviewed this watch, and the consensus is clear: it offers a blend of advanced features, durability, user-friendliness, and performance capabilities. While the watch is extensively praised for its functionality, some reviews also point out areas for potential improvement.
- Lightweight and Slim Design: The Forerunner 965 is notably lighter and thinner than its predecessors, making it comfortable for extended wear.
- Bright AMOLED Display: Ensures clarity even in bright conditions.
- Versatile Colour Options: Offers a range of colorways to cater to diverse aesthetic preferences.
- Advanced Sensors: Provides accurate and real-time data for various sports and activities.
- Accurate GPS and heart rate monitoring.
- Reliable battery life.
- User-friendly interface and easy setup.
- A durable and water-resistant design.
- Syncs seamlessly with the Garmin Connect app.
- User Interface Colours: Some users might find the UI colours to be on the brighter side.
- Price Point: Positioned at a premium price point, the Forerunner 965 might not be accessible to everyone.
- Some users experienced syncing issues.
- A few reports of the watch freezing or restarting.
- Some found the watch to be bulkier than expected.
- Titanium Bezel: Adds a touch of elegance to the watch.
- Glance View: Quick access to essential metrics.
- Multi-sport Capabilities: Designed to track various sports, making it versatile.
- Advanced sleep tracking.
- Pulse Ox sensor to measure blood oxygen levels.
- Body Battery feature to monitor energy levels.
- Menstrual cycle tracking for female users.
- Safety and tracking features, including incident detection.
Amazon Product Review:
The Garmin Forerunner 965 is a premium running smartwatch designed for unisex use. It boasts a 1.4″ AMOLED display with a resolution of 454 x 454 pixels, offering a clear and vibrant visual experience. The watch is equipped with various features, including GPS, Wi-Fi, and touchscreen capabilities.
Notable Amazon Reviews:
- Steve Winmill gave the watch a 5-star rating, mentioning that it took him around 3 weeks to set up the watch properly. He praised the watch’s functionality, including music and navigation, and found the voice prompts beneficial for his running routine. He also appreciated the watch’s ability to detect stress.
- David Gleeson gave the watch a 1-star rating, criticising its screen visibility in bright daylight.
The Garmin Forerunner 55 is a reliable and easy-to-use GPS running smartwatch that will enhance your running experience.
- Easy-to-use GPS tracking for runs
- Offers suggested workouts and Garmin Coach training plans
- Long battery life
- May be too focused on running for those seeking a versatile fitness watch.
- Limited smart features compared to higher-end models
- No built-in music storage
We recently used the Garmin Forerunner 55 and were impressed by its user-friendly interface and simplicity. With just a press of a button, we could start tracking our runs, monitoring our heart rate, speed, and distance right from our wrist. It was also great to see all the useful data it provided on our daily activities, like steps, calories, sleep, and more.
What stood out to us was the Garmin Coach feature, offering on-screen guidance and free training plans based on our goals and fitness level. We found it helpful to have suggested workouts tailored to our needs, as it took the guesswork out of our training sessions. The PacePro feature also proved useful, giving us GPS-based pace guidance for various courses or distances.
In terms of wellness features, this watch does a great job of monitoring our overall fitness with numerous built-in activity profiles for different sports, along with advanced wellness features, such as intensity minutes and stress tracking. It was also nice to automatically upload activities to the Garmin Connect app and explore additional customisations via the Connect IQ Store.
However, the Garmin Forerunner 55 may not be the best choice for those seeking a more comprehensive smartwatch experience, as its focus is primarily on running and the smart features are limited. It also lacks built-in music storage, which could be a dealbreaker for some.
Overall, the Garmin Forerunner 55 is an excellent choice for runners looking to improve their performance while enjoying user-friendly and helpful running data. If your primary focus is running, this watch is worth considering.
Meta Review of Garmin Forerunner 55:
The Garmin Forerunner 55 has been consistently recognized across various platforms as an ideal entry-level running watch, especially for beginners transitioning from basic fitness trackers or those new to running watches.
- Design & Display: The watch closely resembles its predecessor, the Forerunner 45, in design. While its display may not be as vivid or high-quality as some of Garmin’s other models, it is clear and readable even under direct sunlight, effectively showcasing graphs, trends, and other metrics. Source: Advnture
- Features & Functionality: The Forerunner 55 is equipped with a range of training tools, such as suggested workouts based on past activities, Garmin Coach adaptive training plans, pace guidance, and cadence alerts. Its standout feature across reviews is its signature GPS accuracy. Additionally, it offers health and wellness tracking features like heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, respiration rate, menstrual cycle tracking, and recovery statistics. The “Finish Time” estimator is another unique feature, providing runners with an estimated completion time based on their current pace. Source: TechRadar | Source: Tom’s Guide
- Battery Life: The watch boasts an impressive battery life, with up to 20 hours of GPS usage on a single charge. For general use, its battery can last most runners through at least a week of training, and up to two weeks in smartwatch mode. Source: Runner’s World
- Safety Features: The Forerunner 55 comes with safety features such as incident detection, which can send real-time location to emergency contacts if necessary. Source: Business Insider
- Affordability: Despite its array of features, the Forerunner 55 is presented as an affordable option, making it excellent value, especially for those on a budget. Over time, it’s available at a price point lower than its original listing. Source: Advnture
- Awards & Recognition: The watch has received accolades such as the “Best New Running Watch” award in TechRadar’s 2021 awards and has been labelled as the “Best entry-level Garmin” by Runner’s World. Source: TechRadar | Source: Runner’s World
In conclusion, the Garmin Forerunner 55 is a top pick for those starting their fitness journey, offering a balance between affordability, essential features, and user-friendliness.
While it might lack some advanced features found in pricier models, its core functionality makes it a solid choice for beginners and intermediate runners alike.
Garmin Forerunner 265 & 265S
Meta Review: Garmin Forerunner 265 & 265S
The Garmin Forerunner 265 Solar is a standout watch for both casual and serious runners, offering a balance between price, features, and aesthetics.
- TechRadar praises the watch for its advanced metrics, AMOLED screen, and Training Readiness score. It’s suitable for various terrains, from tarmac roads to trails, and is an excellent choice for those upgrading from an entry-level watch. The onboard storage for music and Spotify control is a bonus. Read full review here
- Advnture recommends it for beginner and intermediate runners and triathletes, highlighting its super accurate GPS, vibrant AMOLED touchscreen, and user-friendly design. The watch’s data presentation is clear, and it offers wrist-based running metrics. However, it lacks full map support. Read the full review here
- Runner’s World hails it as the “Best Garmin overall.” The watch boasts commendable battery life, accurate tracking, customisable workouts, and a sharp AMOLED touchscreen. It offers insights into training status and readiness, making it a genuine athlete’s watch. Despite its many features, it lacks maps and a smart assistant. Read the full review here
- Tom’s Guide recognises it as one of the best Garmin watches, especially for those serious about fitness. Standout features include the Body Battery, on-device music storage, and advanced sleep tracking. The battery life is impressive, lasting up to 13 days in smartwatch mode. Read the full review here
- The Verge describes the Forerunner 265/265S as Garmin’s midrange watch, offering a balance between price, feature set, battery life, and display quality. The OLED display ensures better readability, and the watch features dual-frequency GPS for accuracy. It’s lightweight, suitable for various running events, and supports offline music and safety features.
In summary, the Garmin Forerunner 265 & 265 Solar are versatile, feature-rich watches that cater to a wide range of users, from beginners to seasoned athletes. Its combination of advanced metrics, user-friendly design, and impressive battery life makes it a top choice in the market.
Garmin Forerunner 255 & 255S
Are you an avid runner looking for a smartwatch that can keep up with your active lifestyle? Look no further than the Garmin Forerunner 255 GPS Running Smartwatch in Tidal Blue.
With up to 14 days of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 30 hours in GPS mode, this watch provides a comprehensive picture of your health and fitness, from sleep to training. The morning report summarises your sleep, HRV status, and daily workout suggestion in one place as soon as you wake up.
The Forerunner 255 also offers adaptive training plans from Garmin Coach for a 5K, 10K, and half-marathon, or you can create your own custom workouts in the Garmin Connect smartphone app. Plus, the HRV status tracks your heart rate variability while you sleep, giving you greater insight into your overall wellness, recovery, and training performance.
Some other noteworthy features include multi-band satellite tracking on GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo networks for superior accuracy, even in challenging environments. The watch also offers safety and tracking features, making it easy to share your location with chosen contacts if you feel unsafe or if an incident is detected.
If you’re looking for a high-quality smartwatch that can keep up with your active lifestyle, the Garmin Forerunner 255 is definitely worth considering. Its long battery life, adaptive training plans, and advanced tracking features make it an exceptional choice for runners of all levels.
When making a purchase decision, it’s always helpful to hear from other customers who have already bought the product. The Garmin Forerunner 255 GPS Running Smartwatch Tidal Blue has received a rating of 4.4 stars out of 5, based on 86 customer reviews.
Customers have praised the watch for its accuracy in tracking their runs and other activities using GPS. They also appreciate the amount of health data that the watch provides. Some customers have even called it a “must buy.”
However, there have been a few negative reviews as well. One customer had trouble with the watch blinking on and off and not pairing with their phone. Although it’s important to consider these negative reviews, it’s worth noting that they are in the minority compared to the overwhelmingly positive feedback.
Overall, the customer reviews indicate that the Garmin Forerunner 255 is a reliable and accurate smartwatch for runners and fitness enthusiasts.
The Garmin Forerunner 255 is a popular choice amongst fitness enthusiasts and professionals alike. While it wasn’t explicitly mentioned in all the provided sources, the information gathered from the sites that did mention Garmin watches provides a comprehensive understanding of the brand’s reputation and the features they typically offer in their products.
- Battery Life: The Forerunner series, in general, boasts impressive battery life, with some models lasting up to 13 days in smartwatch mode.
- Training Features: Garmin watches, including the Forerunner series, offer extensive training features, making them suitable for serious athletes.
- Accurate Tracking: The watches provide accurate tracking, ensuring that users get precise data on their workouts.
- Customisable Workouts: Users can customize their workouts, allowing for a more personalized training experience.
- Display Quality: Some models, like the Forerunner 265, have had significant upgrades in their display, with sharp, colourful AMOLED touchscreen displays.
- Lack of Maps or Smart Assistant: Some users might find the absence of maps or a smart assistant a drawback, especially when compared to other smartwatches on the market.
- Price: While the Forerunner series offers a plethora of features, they can be on the pricier side, especially when compared to other brands.
- On-board Music: Unlike previous models, offline music is now a standard feature in some of the Forerunner watches.
- Activity Profiles: Watches like the Forerunner 265 offer over 30 activity profiles, including triathlons, cycling, swimming, and more.
- Sleep and Stress Tracking: These features provide insights into the user’s overall health and well-being.
- GPS: A staple in Garmin watches, the GPS feature ensures accurate tracking of runs and other outdoor activities.
- Waterproof Rating: Many of the Forerunner watches come with a 5ATM waterproof rating, making them suitable for swimming and other water-related activities.
Garmin Lily Smartwatch, Cream Gold and Dust Rose
Garmin Lily Smartwatch Review:
The Garmin Lily stands out as a uniquely designed smartwatch tailored specifically for women.
With its petite design and patterned lens, it’s not just a fitness tracker but a fashion-forward accessory.
Beyond its chic aesthetics, the Lily is equipped with a range of health and wellness features.
Notably, it offers menstrual and pregnancy tracking, a thoughtful addition addressing women’s health needs.
While it provides essential fitness tracking capabilities like heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, and stress tracking, it doesn’t come with GPS or advanced sports modes.
However, its safety features, including live tracking and emergency assistance, offer users added peace of mind.
Designed with a focus on everyday wear rather than intensive sports tracking, the Garmin Lily is a blend of style and functionality, making it an ideal choice for those who want an activity tracker that doesn’t look like one.
It’s a testament to Garmin’s commitment to catering to diverse user needs, offering a product that combines fashion with essential health and safety features.
- Stylish and petite design tailored for women.
- Patterned lens with a bright touchscreen display.
- Menstrual and pregnancy tracking.
- Heart rate, sleep, and stress monitoring.
- Safety features including live tracking and emergency assistance.
- Smart notifications for calls, texts, and calendar reminders.
- No built-in GPS but can connect to a smartphone’s GPS.
- Unique, fashion-forward design.
- Comprehensive women’s health features.
- Comfortable for everyday wear.
- Safety features add an extra layer of security.
- Affordable price point in the Garmin lineup.
- Lacks built-in GPS.
- Not suitable for hardcore athletes or intensive sports tracking.
- Limited advanced fitness features compared to other Garmin models.
The Garmin Instinct 2 is a top choice for those seeking a durable and feature-packed GPS smartwatch to support an active lifestyle.
- Durable build with water, thermal, and shock resistance
- Preloaded activity profiles for various sports
- All-day health monitoring features
- Display brightness could be improved
- Learning curve with numerous features
- Battery life in GPS mode may be insufficient for some users.
Garmin Instinct Review:
The Garmin Instinct is a rugged GPS watch designed for those who love the outdoors. Built to the U.S. military standard 810G for thermal, shock, and water resistance, it’s made to endure challenging environments. The Instinct offers multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo) to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. It also provides a 3-axis compass, barometric altimeter, and TracBack feature to navigate the same route back to the starting point.
- Durability: Built to U.S. military standard 810G for thermal, shock, and water resistance.
- Navigation: Multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo).
- Battery Life: Up to 14 days in smartwatch mode, up to 16 hours in GPS mode, and up to 40 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Wrist-based heart rate and stress tracking.
- Activity Tracking: Preloaded activity profiles for running, biking, swimming, and more.
- Smart Connectivity: Receive smart notifications and automatic data uploads to the Garmin Connect online fitness community.
Amazon UK Insights:
The Garmin Instinct Solar offers a plethora of functions, making it ideal for hiking. Notably, its solar charging capability can potentially eliminate the need for charging, with the battery lasting up to 40 days. Users have praised the watch for its excellent battery life, lightweight design, and customisation options. However, some noted Amazon’s fluctuating pricing based on the watch’s colour.
TechRadar appreciates the Garmin Instinct for its robust build, reliable GPS, and long battery life. However, they note that it might be a bit basic for serious athletes and lacks the colour display found in other Garmin models.
Advnture recommends the Garmin Instinct for those seeking a tough watch that doesn’t compromise on features. Its combination of durability, navigation capabilities, and health tracking makes it a versatile choice for outdoor enthusiasts.
The Garmin Instinct is a reliable and rugged GPS watch ideal for outdoor enthusiasts. Its durable design, combined with accurate navigation and a range of activity tracking features, makes it a top choice for those who require a watch that can withstand tough conditions. While it may lack some of the advanced features found in other Garmin models, its durability and performance make it stand out in its category.
The Garmin Forerunner 245 Music GPS Running Smartwatch is a fantastic choice for runners who want music and advanced training features in a durable, stylish package.
- Music streaming compatibility and capacity to store up to 500 songs
- Comprehensive training analysis, including performance stats and running dynamics
- Versatile GPS tracking with GLONASS and Galileo support
- Somewhat expensive compared to other smartwatches
- Battery life may be insufficient for ultra-long distance runners.
- The music-enabled model costs more than the version without music.
We recently tried out the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music GPS Running Smartwatch and were impressed with its range of features and usability. Syncing our favourite tunes from Spotify was a breeze, and we loved having our music available without needing our phone during a run.
The training insights provided by the Forerunner 245 Music were top-notch, giving us valuable data on our training status, VO2 max, and even advanced running dynamics like ground contact time balance, stride length, and vertical ratio. These insights helped us refine our technique and maximise our workouts.
The watch’s GPS functionality was reliable and precise, with support for GLONASS and Galileo satellite networks offering accurate tracking of our runs both on and off the beaten path. While the battery life of up to 7 days in smartwatch mode and 6 hours in GPS mode with music was sufficient for our needs, it could be limiting for those running ultra distances.
In conclusion, we found the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music GPS Running Smartwatch to perfectly balance music integration with advanced training features, making our runs more enjoyable and productive. While its price tag might be a bit steep, the investment is well worth it for dedicated runners seeking quality analysis and insights.
Garmin Epix Pro (Gen 2)
We recently had the opportunity to try out the Garmin Epix Pro (Gen 2) and were impressed with its high-performance features. The smartwatch boasts a 1.4” always-on AMOLED display with a steel bezel, making it perfect for those with larger wrists.
One standout feature is the built-in LED flashlight with variable intensities and strobe modes, which is great for night training and provides convenient illumination when needed. The Garmin Epix Pro (Gen 2) also has a new hill score feature that measures your running strength and endurance during ascents and gauges your progress over time.
The new endurance score feature combines training data from all your athletic pursuits to help you understand how training impacts your overall endurance. Additionally, the 24/7 health and wellness monitoring features, such as HRV status and Pulse Ox, provide a more complete picture of your overall health, training and recovery.
The Garmin Epix Pro (Gen 2) also has advanced navigation sensors combined with multi-band GNSS with SatIQ technology that deliver more accurate positioning in challenging environments while also optimising battery life. Preloaded maps for thousands of golf courses and ski resorts worldwide, as well as TopoActive maps, make it easy to keep your explorations on track.
Overall, the Garmin Epix Pro (Gen 2) is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-performance smartwatch with advanced features that can help take their training to the next level.
Built-In LED Flashlight
When we were testing the Garmin epix Pro (Gen 2), we were impressed with the built-in LED flashlight. It provided convenient illumination when we needed it and gave us greater awareness while training at night. The variable intensities and strobe modes allowed us to adjust the brightness to our preference.
We found the flashlight to be especially useful during early morning runs or when navigating through poorly lit areas. The fact that it’s built-in means we didn’t have to carry an extra flashlight or worry about it falling off during intense workouts.
Overall, we thought the built-in LED flashlight was a great addition to the Garmin epix Pro (Gen 2). It’s a small feature, but it made a big difference in our training experience.
New Hill Score Feature
We were impressed by the new hill score feature on the Garmin Epix Pro. This feature measures our running strength and endurance during ascents and gauges our progress over time. We found it to be a useful tool in tracking our training progress and identifying areas for improvement.
Combined with the new endurance score feature, which combines training data from all our athletic pursuits to help us understand how training impacts our overall endurance, we were able to gain a more complete picture of our overall health, training, and recovery.
The Garmin Epix Pro’s advanced navigation sensors combined with multi-band GNSS with SatIQ technology also delivered more accurate positioning in challenging environments while optimizing battery life. Overall, we found the Garmin Epix Pro to be a reliable and high-performance smartwatch that provides valuable insight into our training and overall health.
Endurance Score Feature
One of the standout features of the Garmin epix Pro (Gen 2) is its impressive endurance score. After using this fitness tracking watch for several weeks, we can confidently say that it lives up to its promises of long battery life. The 51mm version boasts an impressive 31 days of battery life with gesture mode and 11 days with always-on display. This means that we didn’t have to worry about constantly charging the watch, even with heavy use.
The endurance score also extends to the watch’s GPS tracking capabilities, which were spot on during our outdoor workouts. We were able to track our routes accurately without any issues, and the watch maintained a strong GPS signal throughout our sessions.
Overall, the endurance score feature of the Garmin epix Pro (Gen 2) is a major selling point for anyone looking for a reliable fitness tracking watch that can keep up with their active lifestyle.
Pros and Cons
When it comes to the Garmin Epix Pro (Gen 2), there are definitely some pros and cons to consider before making a purchase. Here’s what we found:
- Always-On Display: The 1.4″ AMOLED display with a steel bezel is always on, making it easy to glance at your stats without having to wake the watch.
- LED Flashlight: The built-in LED flashlight is a handy feature for nighttime workouts or when you need a quick burst of light.
- New Hill Score and Endurance Score Features: These new features are great for runners who want to track their progress and improve their strength and endurance over time.
- 24/7 Health and Wellness Monitoring: The Epix Pro (Gen 2) offers a wide range of health and wellness monitoring features, including HRV status and Pulse Ox, which can help you prioritize your rest and recovery.
- Morning Report and Training Readiness Features: These features combine important health and training data to help you interpret and analyze your progress.
- Wrist-Based Running Power and Strength Training Features: These features are great for athletes who want to track their output and gauge their performance on race day.
- Advanced Navigation Sensors and Multi-Band GNSS: These features help deliver more accurate positioning in challenging environments, while also optimizing battery life.
- Preloaded Maps for Golf Courses and Ski Resorts: The Epix Pro (Gen 2) comes with preloaded maps for thousands of golf courses and ski resorts worldwide, making it easy to stay on track during your adventures.
- Activity Profiles for a Wide Range of Sports: The Epix Pro (Gen 2) offers activity profiles for a wide range of sports, including football, volleyball, ice hockey, and racquet sports.
- Price: The Epix Pro (Gen 2) is definitely on the expensive side, which may be a dealbreaker for some buyers.
- Size: The 51mm size of the watch may be too large for some people, especially those with smaller wrists.
- Battery Life: While the battery life is impressive, it may not be enough for some users who need a watch that can last for weeks on a single charge.
- Pulse Ox Not Available in All Countries: The Pulse Ox feature is not available in all countries, which may be a disappointment for some users.
Overall, the Garmin Epix Pro (Gen 2) is a high-performance smartwatch with a wide range of features that are perfect for athletes and adventurers. While it may be on the expensive side and may not be suitable for everyone due to its size and battery life, we think it’s definitely worth considering if you’re in the market for a new fitness tracking watch.
We scoured through the customer reviews for the Garmin Epix Pro (Gen 2) and found that users are raving about this fitness tracking watch. One reviewer mentioned that it’s the best fitness tracking watch in the market right now. They opted for the 51mm version as it has an impressive 31 days battery life with gesture mode and 11 days with always-on display. Another reviewer stated that they are very happy with the watch and had a tough time deciding between the Epix and the Fenix.
Overall, the customer reviews for the Garmin Epix Pro (Gen 2) are overwhelmingly positive, with users praising its long battery life, accurate GPS tracking, and user-friendly interface. While some reviewers had minor issues with the watch, such as connectivity problems, the majority of users found it to be a reliable and durable fitness tracking watch.
Overall, we highly recommend the Garmin epix Pro (Gen 2) 51 mm fitness tracking watch. With its impressive 31-day battery life in gesture mode and spot-on GPS tracking, this watch is perfect for fitness enthusiasts who don’t want to worry about constantly charging their device. We were also impressed with the always-on display, which lasts for 11 days on a single charge.
In addition to its excellent battery life, the watch is also incredibly accurate and reliable. We found that it tracked our workouts and activities with precision, making it easy to monitor our progress and set new goals.
While the watch may be a bit pricey, we believe that its features and durability make it a worthwhile investment for serious athletes and fitness enthusiasts. If you’re in the market for a high-quality fitness tracking watch, the Garmin epix Pro (Gen 2) 51 mm is definitely worth considering.
The Garmin Venu Sq 2 is a fantastic choice for those seeking an all-day health monitoring smartwatch with an impressive battery life and a sleek design.
- Large, easy-to-read AMOLED display
- Up to 11 days of battery life in smartwatch mode
- Comprehensive health monitoring features
- Limited music transfer options
- Nickel-sensitive users may want to test for comfort
- Dependent on smartphone for smart notifications
The Garmin Venu Sq 2 impressed us with its bright and clear AMOLED display, which provides all the essential information at a glance. The watch feels comfortable on the wrist and boasts an appealing design that suits various occasions – from casual outings to the gym.
The standout feature of the Garmin Venu Sq 2 is its comprehensive health monitoring. It covers a wide range of metrics, such as Body Battery energy levels, sleep score, respiration, hydration, and stress tracking. Additionally, it helps women stay informed about their health. With over 25 preloaded sports apps, you can keep track of your workouts, whether you’re running, cycling, or trying something new.
The only downside we found was that transferring music to the watch can be tricky, as it requires an app and a computer rather than a phone app. However, considering the overall performance and features, this minor issue shouldn’t dissuade potential buyers.
In conclusion, the Garmin Venu Sq 2 is a reliable and efficient GPS smartwatch that keeps you connected and motivated with its all-day health monitoring and extensive fitness features. If you’re seeking a stylish and functional companion to support your journey towards better health, the Garmin Venu Sq 2 is definitely worth considering.
The Garmin Forerunner 245 is a reliable GPS running smartwatch packed with advanced features that we highly recommend for any runner.
- Advanced running dynamics and training performance monitoring
- Garmin Coach adaptive training plans
- Excellent battery life and safety & tracking features
- Slate Grey color might not appeal to everyone
- No built-in music storage in this model
- Slightly higher price compared to other options
We have been using the Garmin Forerunner 245 GPS Running Smartwatch for our daily runs, and it has been an excellent companion. The advanced running dynamics, including ground contact time balance, stride length, and vertical ratio, have helped us understand and improve our technique. Performance monitoring features like VO2 max, aerobic, and anaerobic training effect give us insight into our progress.
The watch also offers free adaptive training plans from Garmin Coach, which we have found very useful in preparing for our upcoming races. It has made customized goal setting and tracking much more accessible.
One of the aspects we appreciate is the safety and tracking feature. It allows us to easily share our location with family and friends in case of an emergency, manually or automatically with the built-in incident detection.
The battery life is impressive, lasting up to seven days in smartwatch mode and 24 hours in GPS mode. However, the Slate Grey color might not be everyone’s cup of tea, and this particular model doesn’t have built-in music storage. Additionally, it is more expensive compared to some other options on the market.
Overall, the Garmin Forerunner 245 is a fantastic GPS running smartwatch that offers excellent features and reliability to help runners track and improve their performance.
The Garmin Venu 2 Plus is an excellent choice for those focused on health and fitness tracking, offering exceptional functionality and voice features.
- All-day health monitoring and voice functionality
- 25 built-in indoor and GPS sports apps
- Phone-free music streaming with various platforms
- May not be suitable for those with tattoos on the wrist
- Less focus on smartphone extension features
- Slightly expensive compared to other smartwatches
The Garmin Venu 2 Plus stands out for its all-day health monitoring capabilities and voice functionality. We were particularly impressed with the wide range of indoor and GPS sports apps, including walking, running, cycling, swimming, and more. Combined with preloaded workouts and adaptive training plans, this smartwatch truly caters to diverse fitness needs.
Moreover, it allows us to download up to 650 songs from platforms like Spotify, Amazon Music, or Deezer, and connect to wireless headphones for a phone-free music experience. However, we should note that the heart rate monitor might not work correctly for those with tattoos on their wrist, so keep this in mind.
In summary, if health and fitness tracking are your primary concerns, the Garmin Venu 2 Plus is an excellent choice. However, if you’re more interested in having your smartphone’s features mirrored on your wrist, there might be other smartwatches better suited to your preferences.
The Garmin Vivomove Style is a chic hybrid smartwatch that combines fashion and function, perfect for those who want style and smart features.
- Stylish design with real watch hands and hidden touchscreen display
- Integration with Garmin Pay for convenience
- GPS connectivity and fitness tracking features
- Not as versatile as other Garmin models
- Battery life could be better
- Some users have reported screen issues
We recently tried out the Garmin Vivomove Style Hybrid Smartwatch and were pleasantly surprised by its sleek design and functionality. The aluminium case adds a touch of elegance to the watch, and the real watch hands, which move when notifications appear, give it a classic touch. Swiping across the hidden touchscreen display allows us to access our text messages and other notifications with ease.
One of the things we love about the Vivomove Style is its integration with Garmin Pay. This feature allows us to make payments using our watch, eliminating the need to rummage through our wallets while out and about. Additionally, the watch has various fitness tracking features such as stress and energy level monitoring and GPS connectivity to track our outdoor activities.
However, there are a few drawbacks to the Vivomove Style. While its design and features make it a stylish hybrid smartwatch, it is not as versatile as other Garmin watches. For example, the battery life could be better, as it only lasts up to five days in smartwatch mode, and some users have reported screen issues such as misty displays after some time.
In conclusion, the Garmin Vivomove Style Hybrid Smartwatch is an excellent option for those who value style and enjoy having some smart features. For those who demand a more versatile or rugged smartwatch, there are other options available in the Garmin lineup.
The Garmin Vívoactive 4 is an excellent choice for fitness enthusiasts seeking a feature-packed GPS smartwatch.
- Extensive health monitoring features
- Music playback and streaming support
- Over 20 preloaded sport apps
- Moderate battery-life with extensive GPS use
- May require a premium subscription for music streaming
- Connecting to headphones may occasionally encounter issues
We recently tried out the Garmin Vívoactive 4 GPS Smartwatch and were impressed by the vast range of health monitoring features it offers. Not only does it monitor our energy levels and pulse ox, it also tracks stress, sleep, heart rate, and calorie consumption, making this smartwatch a comprehensive fitness companion.
The ability to download songs or stream playlists from Spotify and Deezer is a big plus. It allowed us to enjoy music during workouts without needing our phones. However, we did have difficulty connecting the watch to our headphones on a few occasions.
We appreciated the variety of preloaded sport apps the Vívoactive 4 offers. Regardless of whether we were running, swimming or practising yoga, this watch had us covered. The animated workout demonstrations on the watch face are a convenient way to stay on track during our fitness sessions.
Overall, the Garmin Vívoactive 4 GPS Smartwatch is a fantastic option for anyone looking for a feature-rich smartwatch that covers all aspects of health and fitness. However, if you plan on using extensive GPS and music features, do note that the battery life might be affected.
The Garmin Instinct 2 Solar is definitely worth considering as it provides excellent battery life, durability, and diverse fitness features for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Unlimited battery life in smartwatch mode with solar charging
- Rugged, water-resistant design with durable materials
- Preloaded activity profiles and health monitoring features
- Possible to miss features or notifications due to lack of customisation
- May be too large for some wrist sizes
- Solar charging efficiency may vary depending on sun exposure
We’ve recently experienced the Garmin Instinct 2 Solar Rugged GPS Smartwatch and found it to be truly impressive. With its unlimited battery life in smartwatch mode, there’s no need to worry about charging when you’re on the go. Its solar charging feature means you can extend your adventures even further with less concern for battery life.
The rugged design of the Garmin Instinct 2 Solar goes beyond just being water-resistant; it’s also built to withstand harsh conditions. The smartwatch features a fibre-reinforced polymer case and a scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla glass. With a range of built-in sports apps and other training features, it’s perfect for running, biking, swimming, strength training, and more.
One downside we discovered is the possible difficulty in customising the notifications and features. This may cause you to overlook some functions or alerts. As for the size of the watch, it may be too large for some users, so it’s essential to consider wrist size before purchasing. Furthermore, the solar charging efficiency can differ depending on sun exposure, so it’s wise to manage expectations and still rely on regular charging if necessary.
Overall, the Garmin Instinct 2 Solar Rugged GPS Smartwatch is an excellent choice for those who have an active outdoor lifestyle and seek a durable, feature-rich smartwatch that can keep up with their daily adventures.
A fantastic GPS smartwatch for fitness enthusiasts who value comprehensive health monitoring and built-in sports apps.
- Comprehensive health and wellness check from the wrist
- Bright colour screen and 6-days battery life
- Over 20 pre-installed sports apps
- Somewhat limited smartwatch features
- Not suitable for extreme or professional athletes
- Difficulty syncing with some devices
We have been using the Garmin Venu Sq GPS Smartwatch for a while now, and we must say, it has quickly become our go-to companion for daily physical activities. Its comprehensive health and wellness check from the wrist makes it enjoyable for us to keep track of our fitness progress without having to constantly check multiple apps.
The bright colour screen is a delight to look at, and the battery life of up to 6 days means we don’t have to worry about charging it in the middle of a busy week. We’ve found the over 20 pre-installed sports apps quite impressive and versatile, allowing us to switch between different activities such as running, swimming, yoga and even walking.
However, it’s worth mentioning that this smartwatch may not have all the advanced features or capabilities a professional athlete might require for their training regimens. Also, we encountered occasional issues syncing the smartwatch to specific devices, which can be cumbersome.
Overall, the Garmin Venu Sq GPS Smartwatch is a brilliant choice for the everyday fitness enthusiast looking for a reliable companion to track their health without breaking the bank. With its broad range of pre-installed apps, comprehensive health monitoring and an easy-to-use interface, we believe this smartwatch is well worth considering.
For outdoor enthusiasts seeking a durable watch with excellent battery life, consider the Garmin Instinct 2S Solar.
- Impressive battery life with solar charging
- Rugged design for outdoor adventures
- Useful smart features and health tracking
- Refurbished product may not feel brand new
- Some connectivity issues reported
- GPS accuracy can vary
We recently had the opportunity to use the Garmin Instinct 2S Solar Rugged GPS Smartwatch and have some thoughts on our experience. This watch is undoubtedly designed for those who love the great outdoors, as its durable build is perfect for any adventure.
Its impressive 72-day solar-powered battery life means you won’t worry about recharging while on your trips. This feature is especially useful during extended hikes or camping expeditions. In addition, it offers multiple health tracking options, such as monitoring your sleep, intense minutes, fluid intake, and more.
However, it’s essential to note that this is a refurbished product. While the item arrived in a Garmin Refurbished box, there’s a chance it may not feel entirely brand new. In our experience, though, there were no significant issues with its functionality or appearance.
Some users have reported occasional connectivity issues, mainly with receiving smartphone notifications. We did experience this problem, but it was relatively infrequent, and restarting the watch seemed to resolve it.
Finally, although the GPS feature is generally accurate and useful for tracking activities, we noticed that, at times, it took a bit longer to connect, and the accuracy wasn’t always perfect. Nonetheless, it’s worth considering the Garmin Instinct 2S Solar as a durable, solar-charging watch for your adventures.
The Garmin Forerunner 945 is an excellent choice for athletes seeking a premium GPS running/triathlon smartwatch with music and advanced features.
- Download songs and playlists from popular music services
- Advanced performance monitoring with training insights
- Contactless payments with Garmin Pay
- Expensive price point
- Light button may stick over time
- Requires a compatible smartphone for a full feature experience
As athletes ourselves, we found the Garmin Forerunner 945 to deliver an exceptional experience for those passionate about running and triathlons. This premium GPS smartwatch allowed us to sync our favourite tunes from Spotify and Amazon Music, keeping us motivated throughout intense training sessions. However, note that a premium subscription may be required for some music services.
We appreciated the advanced performance monitoring features, such as VO2 Max, altitude acclimation status, and training effects. These insights proved incredibly valuable for refining our fitness regimens. The convenience of Garmin Pay allowed us to make contactless payments, so we could leave our wallets at home during workouts.
The Forerunner 945’s full-colour, onboard maps proved immensely useful during our runs, ensuring we never got lost while exploring new routes. The smartwatch’s safety and tracking features, including incident detection during select activities, provided peace of mind by sending our real-time location to emergency contacts through our paired compatible smartphone.
Despite its many advantages, we must point out that the Garmin Forerunner 945 comes with a hefty price tag that may not suit everyone’s budget. Additionally, some users reported issues with the light button sticking, which may worsen over time. Lastly, it’s essential to note that you’ll need a compatible smartphone to make the most of the Forerunner 945’s features.
In conclusion, the Garmin Forerunner 945 offers a wealth of premium features, making it an excellent investment for dedicated athletes who require a reliable and advanced GPS running/triathlon smartwatch.
The Garmin Forerunner 245 is a GPS smartwatch that is perfect for runners, providing advanced training features and intuitive performance tracking.
- Comprehensive training and performance monitoring
- Customizable workouts and adaptive training plans
- GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo network capability
- Some users may find it difficult to navigate with multiple features
- Limited to primarily running-focused activities
- Possible confusion with refurbished products
We were thoroughly impressed with the Garmin Forerunner 245 GPS Running Watch’s ability to help us monitor our progress during our running sessions. The watch offers advanced running dynamics, including ground contact time balance, stride length, and vertical ratio. We appreciated how this data allowed us to understand our technique and make adjustments as necessary.
Another excellent feature of the Garmin Forerunner 245 is the ability to choose from a variety of workouts or create our own custom workouts using the Garmin Connect online fitness community. Additionally, we loved the free adaptive training plans provided by Garmin Coach, which helped us stay motivated and track our goals.
The watch’s GPS, GLONASS, and Galileo network capabilities allowed us to accurately track our distance, speed, and effort during our runs on various terrains and locations. Furthermore, the watch also includes safety and tracking features that enable us to share our location with chosen contacts for added peace of mind.
However, some users may find it challenging to navigate the numerous features and options on the Forerunner 245. Also, the watch is primarily targeted at runners, which may make it less appealing to those into other forms of exercise. Lastly, potential confusion may occur, as the Amazon listing mentions that the watch is refurbished, which may affect buyers’ confidence in the product.
The Garmin Enduro 2 Solar GPS Watch is a must-have for ultra-strength athletes due to its long battery life and impressive features.
- Excellent battery life
- Solar charging capability
- Wide range of functions for multiple activities
- Touchscreen controls might take time to get used to
- Bulkier design than other models
- Slightly pricey for budget-conscious buyers
We recently got our hands on the Garmin Enduro 2 Solar GPS Watch, and we’re quite impressed with what it offers. Being ultra-strength athletes, we need a watch that can keep up with our rigorous activities, and this one fits the bill perfectly.
The battery life on the Enduro 2 is incredible, lasting us through several days of use without needing a recharge. Additionally, its solar charging feature doesn’t make us worry about running out of power, even during extended outdoor activities. The watch’s robust construction makes it more durable than other models while tackling adverse conditions and challenging terrains.
There is a decent variety of functions available for different activities like ski touring, mountaineering, and cross-country skating. The watch even features a waterproof design, which came in handy during our wet and rainy outdoor adventures.
However, we did notice that the touchscreen controls took a bit of getting used to. It would help if you were patient with learning how to navigate the watch’s menus and features. The design is a bit bulkier than some other models which might be a concern for people who prefer sleeker watches. Lastly, the price might be a bit on the higher side, so budget-conscious buyers might want to consider other options.
In conclusion, if you’re an ultra-strength athlete seeking a GPS watch with excellent battery life, solar charging capabilities, and a great set of features, the Garmin Enduro 2 Solar GPS Watch is definitely worth checking out. Just prepare yourself for its steeper price and bulkier design.
Garmin Forerunner 745
Looking for a smartwatch that can keep up with your active lifestyle? The Garmin Forerunner 745 GPS Running and Triathlon Smartwatch might just be what you need.
With its multiple satellite systems, this smartwatch can accurately track your workouts whether you’re swimming, cycling, or running. It comes with preloaded activity profiles, including multisport, pool swimming, and track running, so you can easily switch up your workout routine.
What’s more, you’ll receive daily workout suggestions based on your current training load and VO2 max, helping you reach your fitness goals faster. You can even sync structured workouts from the Garmin Connect app or other apps like TrainingPeaks and TrainerRoad.
But that’s not all. The Garmin Forerunner 745 also offers advanced running, cycling, and swimming dynamics, so you can analyze more data and improve your performance. And with up to 1 week of battery life in smartwatch mode, 6 hours in GPS mode with music, and 21 hours in UltraTrac mode, you can make it through your longest races without worrying about running out of power.
If you’re looking for a reliable and feature-packed smartwatch that can help you take your fitness to the next level, the Garmin Forerunner 745 is definitely worth considering.
With its advanced training features, multisport profile, and long battery life, it’s a great investment for anyone serious about their fitness goals. So why wait? Click here to purchase the Garmin Forerunner 745 and start tracking your workouts like a pro today!
Looking for a smartwatch that can keep up with your active lifestyle? Look no further than the Garmin Forerunner 745 GPS Running and Triathlon Smartwatch. With multiple satellite systems, this watch can accurately track your workouts no matter what activity you choose – from swimming and cycling to running and more.
The preloaded activity profiles make it easy to switch up your routine whenever you want, and the daily workout suggestions based on your training load and VO2 max help you stay on track. Plus, with the ability to sync structured workouts from the Garmin Connect app or other apps, you can get even more guidance to help you reach your goals.
But the Forerunner 745 isn’t just about tracking your workouts – it’s also about analyzing your data to help you improve. With advanced running, cycling, and swimming dynamics, you can get a more complete picture of your performance and potential.
And when it’s time to relax, you can bring your music with you wherever you go. The Forerunner 745 can sync with music services like Amazon Music, Deezer, and Spotify to store and play up to 500 songs right from your wrist.
With Garmin Pay contactless payments, you can leave your cash and cards at home and still make purchases on the go. And with up to 1 week of battery life in smartwatch mode, 6 hours in GPS mode with music, and 21 hours in UltraTrac mode, you can make it through even your longest races without worrying about running out of juice.
When it comes to finding the perfect smartwatch for your active lifestyle, the Garmin Forerunner 745 GPS Running and Triathlon Smartwatch is a game-changer. Here are some of its key features that make it stand out from the crowd.
Multiple Satellite Systems
With the Garmin Forerunner 745, you can track your workouts with incredible accuracy thanks to its ability to use multiple satellite systems. Whether you’re swimming, cycling, running, or doing a multisport activity, this smartwatch has got you covered.
Preloaded Activity Profiles
The Garmin Forerunner 745 comes with a variety of preloaded activity profiles to choose from, including running, triathlon, multisport, cycling, pool swimming, track running, and more. This feature allows you to switch up your workout routine whenever you like.
One of the most impressive features of the Garmin Forerunner 745 is its ability to provide on-device daily workout suggestions based on your current training load and VO2 max. This feature ensures that you’re always getting the most out of your workouts.
Bring music for every mile by syncing with music services such as Amazon Music, Deezer, Spotify, and more to easily store and play up to 500 songs from your wrist. This feature is perfect for anyone who loves to listen to music while they work out.
Overall, the Garmin Forerunner 745 is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality smartwatch that can keep up with their active lifestyle. With its advanced features and impressive battery life, this smartwatch is sure to become your go-to fitness companion.
Pros and Cons
When it comes to the Garmin Forerunner 745 GPS Running and Triathlon Smartwatch, there are both pros and cons to consider before making a purchase. Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect:
- Multiple satellite systems: The Forerunner 745 uses multiple satellite systems to accurately track your workouts, whether you’re swimming, cycling, or running.
- Preloaded activity profiles: With preloaded activity profiles for running, triathlon, multisport, cycling, pool swimming, track running and more, you can switch up your workout routine whenever you like.
- Daily workout suggestions: The device provides on-device run and cycling daily workout suggestions based on your current training load and VO2 max, helping you stay on track with your fitness goals.
- Structured workouts: You can sync structured indoor or outdoor workouts to your device from the Garmin Connect app or other apps, including TrainingPeaks and TrainerRoad, to get training guidance.
- Advanced data analysis: The Forerunner 745 allows you to analyze more data to help you reach your race potential, including advanced running, cycling and swimming dynamics.
- Music storage: You can easily store and play up to 500 songs from your wrist by syncing with music services such as Amazon Music, Deezer, Spotify and more.
- Contactless payments: Leave your cash and cards at home with Garmin Pay contactless payments, allowing you to pay for purchases on the go.
- Long battery life: The Forerunner 745 has up to 1 week of battery life in smartwatch mode, 6 hours in GPS mode with music and 21 hours in UltraTrac mode, making it perfect for long races.
- Inaccurate SPO2 sensor: Some users have reported that the SPO2 sensor is inaccurate, which can be a concern for those who rely on this feature.
- No touch screen: Despite its high price, the Forerunner 745 does not have a touch screen, which may be disappointing for some users.
Overall, the Garmin Forerunner 745 GPS Running and Triathlon Smartwatch is a great choice for those who want a versatile and reliable fitness tracker. With its advanced features and long battery life, it’s a great investment for serious athletes. However, the inaccurate SPO2 sensor and lack of touch screen may be a concern for some users.
When it comes to making a purchase, customer reviews can make or break the deal. The Garmin Forerunner 745 GPS Running and Triathlon Smartwatch has received a 4.4-star rating out of 5, with a total of 202 ratings. One customer found it easy to use once they got the hang of it, while another praised its quality and performance during the Great North Run. However, a few customers had issues with the SPO2 sensor accuracy and the lack of a touch screen for the price. Overall, customers highly recommend this watch as a great upgrade from the 645 model, with advanced training features at a sensible price.
Overall, the Garmin Forerunner 745 is a great smartwatch for runners and triathletes. It has advanced training features and a multisport profile that make it a valuable tool for athletes of all levels. The watch is easy to set up and use, and it provides accurate data that can help you improve your performance.
While the SPO2 sensor may not be as accurate as some users would like, this is a minor issue that doesn’t detract from the watch’s overall functionality. Additionally, the lack of a touch screen may be a drawback for some users, but the watch’s other features more than make up for this.
Overall, if you’re looking for a high-quality smartwatch that can help you take your training to the next level, the Garmin Forerunner 745 is an excellent choice. It’s reasonably priced, easy to use, and packed with features that will help you achieve your fitness goals. Highly recommended.
Garmin Venu 3 GPS Smartwatch
Looking for a smartwatch that can help you achieve your health and fitness goals? The Garmin Venu 3 is a GPS smartwatch that offers advanced features to help you better understand your body. With up to 14 days of battery life in smartwatch mode, this watch is designed to be your ultimate on-wrist coach.
One of the standout features of the Venu 3 is its bright and colourful display, which provides a more complete picture of your health. The watch offers extensive health monitoring features, including wrist-based heart rate, stress tracking, menstrual cycle and pregnancy tracking, and meditation. Plus, the Body Battery energy monitoring feature helps you understand when you need to rest and provides personalised insights based on sleep, naps, stress levels, workouts and more.
The Venu 3 also offers advanced training features, such as workout benefit and recovery time, to help you take on any fitness journey. You can download your favourite music to the watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer, and connect with your wireless headphones for phone-free listening.
Overall, the Garmin Venu 3 is an impressive smartwatch that offers advanced health and fitness features. If you’re looking for a watch that can help you achieve your goals and provide personalised insights into your body, the Venu 3 is definitely worth considering. So why wait? Click here to purchase the Garmin Venu 3 and start achieving your health and fitness goals today!
Garmin Venu 3 AMOLED GPS Smartwatch Overview
If you’re looking for a smartwatch that can help you achieve your fitness goals, the Garmin Venu 3 AMOLED GPS Smartwatch is definitely worth considering. This watch has a bright, colourful display and can last up to 14 days in smartwatch mode.
The Venu 3 offers advanced health and fitness features, including Body Battery energy monitoring, sleep score and personalised sleep coaching, preloaded workouts, and extensive health monitoring features such as wrist-based heart rate, stress tracking, and menstrual cycle and pregnancy tracking.
You can also make and take phone calls from your wrist and respond to texts via voice. The watch even has a wheelchair mode that tracks pushes instead of steps, and includes preloaded workouts and challenges specific to wheelchair users.
Overall, the Garmin Venu 3 AMOLED GPS Smartwatch is a great choice for those who want to take their fitness journey to the next level.
When it comes to smartwatches, the Garmin Venu 3 has a lot to offer. Here are some of the key features that make it stand out:
Bright, Colourful Display
The Venu 3 has a bright and colourful AMOLED display that is easy to read, even in direct sunlight. This makes it perfect for outdoor activities like running or cycling, where you need to be able to see your stats at a glance. The display is also highly customisable, so you can choose the watch face and widgets that work best for you.
Body Battery Energy Monitoring
One of the most unique features of the Venu 3 is its Body Battery Energy Monitoring. This feature uses data from your heart rate, stress levels, sleep quality, and other factors to give you a personalised score that tells you how charged up or run down you are. This can help you make better decisions about when to push yourself during workouts and when to take it easy.
The Venu 3 comes with a variety of preloaded workouts, including cardio, yoga, strength, HIIT, and Pilates. Each workout includes animations that show you how to do each exercise correctly, so you can be sure you’re getting the most out of your workout. You can also create your own custom workouts using the Garmin Connect app, or try out Garmin Coach free adaptive training plans to help you prepare for your next running challenge.
Phone Calls from Your Wrist
With the Venu 3, you can make and take phone calls right from your wrist. This is a great feature if you’re out for a run or bike ride and don’t want to stop to take a call. You can even use your smartphone’s voice assistant to respond to text messages and more. Android users can text directly from the smartwatch, making it even more convenient.
The Venu 3 has a unique Wheelchair Mode that tracks pushes instead of steps. This makes it a great option for wheelchair users who want to track their activity levels. The mode includes preloaded workouts for strength, cardio, HIIT, Pilates, and yoga, as well as challenges specific to wheelchair users. The Venu 3 also includes automatic nap detection and logging, so you can track your nap length during the day and get personalised insights on how it affects your Body Battery energy monitoring.
Overall, the Garmin Venu 3 is a versatile and feature-packed smartwatch that can help you take your fitness to the next level. Whether you’re a serious athlete or just looking to stay active and healthy, the Venu 3 has something for everyone.
If you’re looking for a smartwatch that can help you reach your fitness goals and monitor your health, the Garmin Venu 3 is definitely worth checking out. With a bright and colourful display, this watch provides a complete picture of your health, including your body battery energy levels, sleep quality, stress levels, and more.
One of the best things about this watch is its extensive health monitoring features, which include wrist-based heart rate, fitness age, menstrual cycle and pregnancy tracking, stress tracking, and meditation. Additionally, the watch provides personalised insights and coaching to help you improve your sleep quality and overall health.
The Venu 3 also offers a variety of preloaded workouts, including cardio, yoga, strength, HIIT, and Pilates, and you can create your own workouts using the Garmin Connect app. The watch even includes adaptive training plans to help you prepare for your next running challenge.
Finally, the watch allows you to make and take phone calls and respond to texts from your wrist, and you can download your favourite music to listen to on the go. Overall, the Garmin Venu 3 is a great choice for anyone looking for a comprehensive smartwatch to support their fitness and health goals.
While the Garmin Venu 3 AMOLED GPS Smartwatch has a lot of great features, there are a few cons to consider. One of the main drawbacks is the price. Some customers feel that the Venu series is overpriced compared to other smartwatches on the market. Additionally, while the battery life is impressive, it may not last as long if you are using some of the more power-intensive features, such as GPS tracking or music playback. Finally, some users have reported issues with syncing their data to the Garmin Connect app, which can be frustrating if you rely on this feature to track your fitness goals. Overall, while the Venu 3 is a solid choice for a smartwatch, it may not be the best fit for everyone.
When it comes to making purchasing decisions, customer reviews play a crucial role. The Garmin Venu 3 smartwatch has received a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars with a total of 32 ratings. Customers have praised the watch for its usual Garmin quality and some nice improvements over the Venu 2. However, some have expressed that the Venu series is overpriced.
One customer purchased the Venu 3 to upgrade from their Vivoactive 4 and found the new features on the Venu 3 to be a significant improvement. Another customer considered the Vivo 5 but was swayed by the Venu 3’s new features. However, they noted that Garmin has rushed the product and expressed disappointment in the removal of barometrics.
Overall, the customer reviews for the Garmin Venu 3 smartwatch are mixed but provide valuable insights into the product’s strengths and weaknesses.
In conclusion, the Garmin Venu 3 is a fantastic smartwatch that is packed with features to help you achieve your health and fitness goals. With its advanced health monitoring and GPS functionality, you can easily track your workouts and monitor your progress over time. The watch’s voice functionality is also a great feature that allows you to make and take calls right from your wrist. However, some reviewers have noted that the Venu series is overpriced, and this may be a consideration for some buyers. Overall, if you’re looking for a high-quality smartwatch that can help you stay on top of your health and fitness goals, the Garmin Venu 3 is definitely worth considering.
The Garmin Venu is an excellent choice for those who want a stylish and versatile smartwatch with a wide range of health monitoring features.
- Stunning AMOLED display and up to 5 days of battery life
- Extensive health monitoring functions
- Phone-free music listening and contactless payments
- May require premium subscription for music downloads
- Wireless headphones not included
- Price can be high for some budgets
We’ve had the pleasure of using the Garmin Venu GPS Smartwatch, and let us tell you, it’s an absolute treat! The AMOLED display is not just a beauty to look at, but it also contributes to the watch’s impressive battery life of up to 5 days.
The integrated health monitoring features are quite comprehensive, keeping track of our energy levels, respiration, menstrual cycle, stress, sleep, and more. There’s a good range of sports apps, including yoga, running, and swimming, to keep us on track with our fitness goals.
One of our favourite aspects of the Garmin Venu is the ability to download music directly to the watch, though be aware that a premium subscription may be required. While it’s a bummer that wireless headphones are not included, we easily connected our own for phone-free listening.
As for the Garmin Pay contactless payment feature, it adds an extra level of convenience, meaning we can leave our wallets at home without any worry. We’d highly recommend the Garmin Venu GPS Smartwatch for its elegant design, bright display, and extensive health tracking features, although its price may be a consideration for some.
Garmin Fenix 7X Pro
Are you in the market for a high-performance smartwatch that can keep up with your active lifestyle? Look no further than the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro.
This multisport GPS watch boasts a large 1.4” (35mm) display in a resilient 51 mm fiber-reinforced polymer case with a steel bezel and rear cover. The Power Glass solar charging lens uses the sun’s energy for weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode, and the built-in LED flashlight with variable intensities and strobe modes provides convenient illumination when you need it.
The Fenix 7X Pro also includes advanced training features such as hill score, which measures your climbing performance over time, and real-time stamina updates to gauge your stamina potential. For a more complete picture of your health, training, and recovery, tap into 24/7 health and wellness monitoring with advanced sleep tracking, HRV status, Pulse Ox and more.
If you’re looking for a smartwatch that can keep up with your active lifestyle, the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro is definitely worth considering.
With its powerful features, long battery life, and advanced health monitoring, this smartwatch is sure to help you stay on track with your fitness goals.
Garmin Fenix 7X Pro Overview
If you’re looking for a multisport GPS smartwatch that can keep up with your active lifestyle, the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro is worth considering. With a large 1.4” display and a durable construction, this watch is designed to perform all day, every day. What sets it apart is the Power Glass solar charging lens, which uses the sun’s energy for weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode.
The Fenix 7X Pro also offers advanced training features, such as hill score and real-time stamina updates, to help you meet any challenge. Additionally, it provides 24/7 health and wellness monitoring, including sleep tracking, HRV status, and Pulse Ox (not available in all countries), for a more complete picture of your health, training, and recovery.
Whether you’re navigating on the slopes with preloaded ski resort maps or exploring off the grid with multi-band GPS and SatIQ technology, the Fenix 7X Pro has you covered. With up to 37 days of battery life in smartwatch mode with solar charging in 3 hours of direct sunlight per day, you can adventure far without worrying about running out of power.
Overall, the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro is a reliable and versatile smartwatch that can help you stay on top of your fitness goals and outdoor adventures.
When it comes to choosing a smartwatch, the key features are what make all the difference. The Garmin Fenix 7X Pro Solar is packed with features that make it stand out from the crowd. Here are some of the key features that make this watch a must-have:
The Garmin Fenix 7X Pro Solar features a large 1.4” (35mm) display that is easy to read in any lighting condition. The display is protected by a resilient 51 mm fiber-reinforced polymer case with a steel bezel and rear cover, making it durable enough to withstand the toughest conditions.
One of the standout features of the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro Solar is the Power Glass solar charging lens. This lens uses the sun’s energy to provide weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode. With just 3 hours of direct sunlight (50,000 lux) per day, you can enjoy up to 37 days of battery life in smartwatch mode.
Advanced Training Features
The Garmin Fenix 7X Pro Solar is designed for athletes who want to take their training to the next level. The watch features new hill score and endurance score features that measure your running strength/endurance during ascents and gauges your progress over time. You can also focus your training with wrist-based running power, strength training features and advanced pacing modes to gauge your output on race day.
Health and Wellness Monitoring
The Garmin Fenix 7X Pro Solar is not just a fitness tracker, it is also a health and wellness monitor. With 24/7 health and wellness monitoring features such as HRV status and Pulse Ox, you can gain a more complete picture of your overall health, training and recovery. The watch also features advanced sleep monitoring to help you prioritise your rest and recovery.
In conclusion, the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro Solar is a must-have for athletes and fitness enthusiasts who want to take their training to the next level. With its large display, solar charging, advanced training features and health and wellness monitoring, this watch is the ultimate multisport GPS smartwatch.
Pros and Cons
When considering purchasing the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro, it’s important to weigh the pros and cons of this multisport GPS watch. Here are some key points to consider:
- Solar charging: The Power Glass solar charging lens is a standout feature of the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro. It allows for weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode, meaning you can spend less time worrying about charging and more time enjoying your activities.
- Health and wellness monitoring: The 24/7 health and wellness monitoring features, including HRV status and Pulse Ox, provide a comprehensive view of your overall health and fitness. The advanced sleep monitoring and morning report features also help you prioritize rest and recovery.
- Navigation: The advanced navigation sensors and multi-band GPS with SatIQ technology deliver accurate positioning in challenging environments, while the preloaded maps for golf courses and ski resorts worldwide make it easy to stay on track during your adventures.
- Endurance and hill score features: The new endurance score feature combines training data from all your athletic pursuits to help you better understand how training impacts your overall endurance. The hill score feature measures your running strength and endurance during ascents and gauges your progress over time.
- Price: The Garmin Fenix 7X Pro is a high-end multisport GPS watch, and as such, it comes with a premium price tag. While the features are impressive, they may not be worth the cost for everyone.
- Size and weight: With a 51mm fiber-reinforced polymer case and steel bezel and rear cover, the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro is a substantial watch. It may feel bulky on smaller wrists or during certain activities.
- LED flashlight: While the built-in LED flashlight is a useful feature for night training, some users may find it unnecessary or prefer a different type of illumination.
Overall, the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro is a top-of-the-line multisport GPS watch with impressive features for fitness enthusiasts and outdoor adventurers. However, the high price and size may not be suitable for everyone.
If you’re like most people, you probably like to see what others think before you make a purchase. Well, you’re in luck with the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro. With over 58 ratings and an impressive 4.6-star rating, it’s clear that this smartwatch is a hit with customers.
Many reviewers mention that while it is expensive, it is worth the investment. They love the sleek design, the long battery life, and the range of features, such as GPS and heart rate monitoring. Some reviewers also mention that the watch is incredibly durable and can withstand even the toughest workouts.
Overall, customers seem to be very happy with their purchase of the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro. If you’re looking for a high-quality smartwatch that can keep up with your active lifestyle, this may be the perfect choice for you.
In conclusion, the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro is an outstanding multisport GPS smartwatch that is designed to perform all day, every day. With advanced training features such as hill score and real-time stamina updates, this watch can meet any challenge. The 24/7 health and wellness monitoring with advanced sleep tracking, HRV status, and Pulse Ox is a great feature that provides a complete picture of your health, training, and recovery. The LED flashlight is useful for staying visible or finding your way when the sun sets. The TopoActive maps from around the world and preloaded ski resort maps worldwide are great for keeping your explorations on track. The battery life is impressive, with up to 37 days of battery life in smartwatch mode with solar charging. Although it is expensive, it is definitely worth it for the features it offers. Overall, the Garmin Fenix 7X Pro is a great investment for anyone looking for a high-quality multisport GPS smartwatch.
As we explore the world of Garmin watches, choosing the best one can be a bit overwhelming. In this buying guide, we’ll walk you through the essential features to look for when selecting the perfect watch for your needs.
When it comes to selecting the right Garmin watch, the first thing you need to consider is its primary purpose. Are you a fitness enthusiast, an outdoor adventurer, or simply looking for a stylish smartwatch to stay connected? Knowing your needs will help narrow down your choices.
Battery life is a crucial factor to consider when choosing a Garmin watch. Depending on your activities and usage patterns, you might need a watch that offers an extended battery life. Look for watches with solar charging or efficient battery management options if you want yours to last longer.
The built-in GPS feature is an essential aspect for those who love outdoor activities such as hiking, running, or cycling. Accurate and fast GPS connectivity is essential for tracking your routes and measuring your performance. Some watches may also offer additional features like GLONASS and Galileo support, enhancing their tracking capabilities in challenging environments.
Pay close attention to the different types of sensors in the watches. These sensors can measure various fitness metrics such as heart rate, altitude, temperature, and more. If you’re focused on improving your workout performance, you’ll want a watch with precise and responsive sensors.
Don’t overlook the ease of use and customisation. A watch with an intuitive interface and navigation makes it simple for you to access all the features effortlessly. Some Garmin watches come with customisable watch faces, straps, and widgets that allow you to personalise your device according to your preferences.
Finally, consider the build quality and design. Durability is essential, particularly if you’re using the watch for intense workouts or outdoor activities. Opt for a watch constructed with high-quality materials like reinforced glass or stainless steel. Moreover, choose a design that suits your style and feels comfortable on your wrist.
By taking a closer look at these features, you’ll ensure that the Garmin watch you choose truly meets your needs and supports you in your fitness journey. Good luck!